What to Bring on a Bus Trip Guide
Hooray, you’re going on a trip! Now, some people might love it when it’s time to pack, and some don’t. Either way, it’s important to remember all of the basics and necessities. In case you were wondering what the best way to pack for a bus trip is, M&M Buses Chicago, the limo and bus charter service near you, will teach you the best tricks. If you book an airport shuttle or are having a long-distance trip with your family, here are some of the best tips for packing your luggage correctly.
What to put in a travel bag?
Your travel bag needs to be with you at all times. This bag bears all the necessary things. You can use this tip for either bags you take on a day trip, or your grab-and-go travel bag during longer trips. This bag needs to be large enough to hold all of the essential belongings, but also be sturdy and comfortable to wear. Travel backpacks are definitely the most elegant solution, although you can use a smaller duffel bag, too. There are also variations of these two with wheels, so you don’t exhaust yourself quickly. These types of luggage are perfect for traveling light, moving around with ease, and having everything in reach. Travel bags should usually contain most of the following:
- Medicine – for motion sickness, heartburn, pain-relievers, and any other medication you need, especially if you have a chronic illness that needs to be in check.
- Hygiene and care products – hand-sanitizers, wipes, tissues, band-aids, disinfectant, sunscreen, a file, nail clippers, travel size shampoo and conditioner, soap.
- Documents – copies of your insurance card, your contact info, doctor’s info, list of medications and allergies and emergency contact info
- Clothes – one full outfit in case you need to change, a few pairs of underwear and socks, a hoodie, and a jacket.
- Food – always carry a reusable water bottle with you; you need to stay hydrated at all times. Snacks are optional, but make sure it’s something that can’t spoil quickly, like crackers, granola bars or nuts.
Extra tip: Make sure your phone/tablet battery is charged to the max before the trip. Don’t forget your charger, and if you can, find a portable charger that can keep your phone alive during the journey. Most M&M Buses actually have outlets for chargers, but it’s never a bad idea to bring one just in case.
How to pack in a suitcase/wheeled luggage?
The suitcase is the classic travel luggage; you see everyone dragging around at airports and bus stations. Rolling luggage is convenient and easy to carry. They come in a range of sizes, but it’s usually best to stick to smaller to medium ones for your convenience. Here, you’ll learn how to pack in a minimalistic way and only stick to the essentials. The best ways to pack a suitcase are:
- Bring a smaller bag – The shorter it is, the better. A large suitcase creates an illusion that you haven’t packed accordingly. You won’t be forced to think you have to pack more than you need. This is what usually happens – you don’t use more than half of the things you bring with you and make it harder to carry.
- The 5-4-3-2-1 Rule – When packing clothes, this is the best approach to staying minimal. The rule includes packing no more than 5 pairs of socks and underwear, 4 tops, 3 pairs of pants/jeans/skirts, 2 pairs of shoes, and one jacket. You can adjust the rule depending on your type of trip and replace some things with a cocktail dress or a swimming suit. However, the numbers have to stay the same.
- Pack your toiletries separately – Keep a little different bag aside for all your toiletries, and then fit it into the rest of the stuff. This way, when you’re packing, you won’t forget a toothbrush or your contact lenses. Please make sure you double-bag liquid items, so they don’t spill on your clothes and make a mess. Also, keep them on top, so they’re easy to reach. Bring 2-in-1 products with you, like a BB cream or 2-in-1 shampoo, to make more space.
- Roll your clothes – Rolling your clothes will not just make it easier to pack them, it will also protect them from wrinkling. When you roll your clothes adequately, you can start laying them down and start stacking them to fit perfectly in your suitcase. This Marie Kondo method has become really popular and for a good reason. It’s practical, easy for everyone, and saves you a lot of time when you’re looking through your suitcase for something specific.
When you book a charter bus with your trusty bus rental service in Chicago, you need to make sure you bring everything you need. All of the M&M buses are equipped with:
- TV Monitors
- Microphone with Intercom system
- USB and power outlets
- Overhead Luggage Compartment
- Reclining Leather seats
- Reading Lights
- Privacy Shades
- Separate Rear luggage area
That way, you will have all the comfort and luxury of a safe and fun trip. There is enough space for your luggage, and there are buses that can take up to 40 passengers in the fleet. Taking the bus is one of the safest choices when it comes to traveling, and you won’t have restrictions that you usually have when choosing the plane. You can take breaks when you need to, and you don’t have to sit separately from your friends or family. With M&M Buses, you will get all of the luxuries of traveling and much more! Book your trip today and find out why this is the best bus rental service in Chicago.